Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Jiu Jitsu Lessons

I haven't posted in a while.  Recent months, however, have been a rough patch for me.  Full of painful decisions and mixed emotions.  It is always these times that I feel I grow the most.  When things are going smoothly in my life I always talk positive.  I tell my self that I will always be positive and always have faith in God to see me through tough times.  When mildly challenging issues arise I stay positive, I have faith and I think, "Wow, I handled that well."

But then the really hard times come, and damn do I lose sight of things.  I've been fortunate in my life to have people who love me and a roof over my head.  I know I have it good, but every once in a while, I find my faith tested.  Every once in a while, I find my self in one of those times when something so big comes down on you that the outlook just seems bleak.  I think its these times, not the good times, that make us who we are.

The last few months have been tough, and I know I can't say I stayed positive though all of it.  While I never thought of giving up, I truly did not want to be where I was.  Being on the tail end of this trial now, I can look back and see the lesson that I am starting to learn, and it is invaluable.  As to what that lesson specific lesson
was, maybe I'll share it in a later post, but I just want to address this in a broader scope right now.  What I've learned is, what ever trial I'm going through, there is a purpose.  I should be thankful in those hard times, learn the lesson that they are teaching me, and them form me into a better, stronger person.

I think this relates back to Jiu Jitsu in many ways.  If you follow this blog you'll know that my life aspirations are in Jiu Jitsu.  If you don't, I think the message will still apply.  On the mat we face many opponents.  Some are better then us and can make us tap.  Others, we can over come with ease.  However, we never improve if we constantly train and spar with the noobies.  We have to get out there and swim with sharks, get our asses kicked,  and learn from it.  That is, I believe, how we get better.

I know I have many hard times in front of me.  I know there will be a lot of good too.  I don't think, however, that any of it will be bad times.  It's all a lesson.  I can learn from all of it, and while I admit that my lack of knowledge and the mass of knowledge to be learned is daunting.  I can't wait to learn it.  Time to do some Jiu Jitsu!

Thanks for reading,

Please help this blog grow by sharing this post,

Nick







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bjj is my most favorite practicing game. I practice it with Rashgaurd. Black Monkey Now is Best for Rashgaurd.

    ReplyDelete