Sunday, January 29, 2012

Go for it

I had a discussion with a friend of mine from work about how so many kids grow up being told that they need to be more realistic with their dreams and about how the odds of them being a rock star or an astronaut are very slim.  It got me thinking about how so many people give up on their dreams.  Almost every single person that I know is in a job that the settled for or stumbled into.  Growing up we are told, to a certain extent, that the odds of us achieving our dreams were slim, and that hundreds of thousands of people try for that goal but very few make it.  Well I think very few make it, because very few try.

So many people give up on what they want and settle for something that will just get them by.  They may say that they tried, but they didn't put their heart and soul into achieving their goal, for hours, days, and years, ignoring everything in their way.  The just bought into the statistics and gave in.  I want to share my belief that if you want something bad enough, and if you work hard enough, there is nothing that can stop you from what you want.  I want more than anything to be a world champion, and I will get there.

Forget what you were told by society, don't believe in them, believe in your self.  Find something that you want to do and go for it, and never let go.  If you put in the work, and you never give up, than you can't fail.  One of the biggest things that Jiu Jitsu taught me is that the person who trained more, almost always wins.  And I'm not just talking about who trained more for that particular match, I mean in their entire life.  If I put more hours on the mat than the guy across from me, I'll beat him. 

I want to challenge anyone reading this to go for something big.  If you a Jiu Jitsu player, then I challenge you to put in the work and win the next World Championships.  You can do it.  You can win.  Dream big, think big, win big.

Thanks for reading guys,

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment