Saturday, January 28, 2012

Feelin Burnt Out

Jiu Jitsu and I have a love hate relationship.  Mostly love, but every once in a while I get burnt out.  I feel lazy in my rolls.  I get frustrated easier when I cant escape something or when I'm in uncomfortable positions.  Guys that I usually tear up give me a hard time.  I can't think that I'm alone in having this feeling from time to time.  It always passes though, I have one more training sesh this week then I'll take the rest of the weekend of feeling fresh.

I look at training the same way I look at competing, and almost everything in life for that matter.  If I"m not enjoying it, then whats the point?  Of course, you can't just go home every time you're not having the roll of your life.  It's like a relationship though, sometimes you need time away to realize how much you appreciate something.  I usually take Saturday night and Sunday off any ways so this will be a good time to get relax with my friends and get away from the gym.


I spend almost all of my time in the gym and sometimes I think maybe I train to much, but I can't imagine that guys like the Mendes bros are training only 2-3 times a week.  If this is what it takes to be champ, and I'm having fun, then why would I not do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment