Monday, February 6, 2012

competition week: 10th planet in house tournament


So, I didn't get to compete in Gracie Nationals.  I had a bit of an issue with the money, but its okay, there are always more tournaments.  This weekend is the invitational 10th planet tournament that we are hosting at 10th Planet Riverside.  All of the other 10th planet gyms are invited, along with a few of our surrounding local gyms, such as Gracie Barra Corona and Sequence Jiu Jitsu.

I saw my bracket a few days ago, and I have some guys that I have met before in it.  They are good guys, I am looking forward to the challenge this time.  Still though, I feel that as long as I keep up with the long hours of mat time, and go out there and enjoy myself, I will win.

I think for some people tournaments can be an event of extreme pressure.  For me I always remember that as long as I am well prepared, I may not finish first in every tournament that I do, but I will always do well and at least metal.  I always want first place, but if not, I will still respect myself for the tremendous amount of work that I have put in to this.  I go into tournaments and try to have fun, because if I am not having fun, what's the point of even doing it?  I want Jiu Jitsu to be my career because I love it and I want to share it with others, not because I have a need to dominate others in competitions.

I am relaxed and ready for this tournament, I feel confidant that who ever I face is not as dedicated as I am.  If they are, I feel confident that I have a mental edge on them.  My relaxed state of mind, my confidence in myself, and most importantly my confidence in God gives me a one up on my fellow competitors.  I go into tournaments knowing that I will win, and I will win simply because I know this.

This should be a good tournament so I should have pics and videos up soon.



Thanks for reading guys and girls,

Nick

A8X38ZTRJGG8

No comments:

Post a Comment